- About Us
- Get Involved
- Our Work
- For Companies
- For NonProfits
November 14, 2014
Winter weather is upon us and that means a higher utility bill for most households. LEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program) is run by the Department of Human Services and it assists withwinter heating costs for natural gas, propane, electricity, kerosene, fuel oil, wood, coal, etc. for qualifying individuals. Applications for LEAP are accepted November 1st until April 30th.
Applications are available several ways:
- Download and print an application online HERE.
- Call 1-866-HEAT-HELP (1-866-432-8435) to have an application mailed to you.
- Pick up an application from any county Department of Human Services office, utility company, or public library.
You will qualify for this benefit if you meet the following criteria:
- You or any household member is a permanent legal resident of the USA and of Colorado.
- You pay a heat bill or your heat is included in your rent.
- You have a gross monthly income below the established program income limits.
Copyright 2015 United Way of Larimer County