Update: Larimer County Floods – How You Can Help
As Larimer County continues to respond to the unprecedented flooding of September 2013, many people are asking what they can do to help. Below is a list of the current opportunities to donate and volunteer.
To stay up-to-date with the evolving needs of flood relief and recovery efforts, be sure to frequently check our blog, follow us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter. We will be posting updates are they become available. You can also call 2-1-1 (or 970-407-7066 from a cell phone) to get updated information on how to donate and volunteer. Another great online resource for information on donating and volunteering is Help Colorado Now.
Financial support to voluntary agencies responding to disasters is the most effective way to help. Cash allows disaster agencies to purchase exactly what is needed. Here is a list of reputable agencies that are responding to the current disaster in Larimer County:
American Red Cross – Northern Colorado Chapter
www.redcross.org – designate CO Chapters
1-800 RED CROSS or 1-800-733-2767
House of Neighborly Service
www.salvationarmyfortcollins.org – Designate “Colorado Floods”
Larimer Humane Society
Larimer County Floods – Long-Term Recovery Fund
The arrival of unexpected material donations will interfere with response efforts. Donate ONLY those things that are requested by officials and bring them to the official designated collection centers. Items not needed may go to waste and get in the way of relief efforts. Two organizations are currently accepting materials donations.
Disaster Distribution Center
- The distribution center is NOW OPEN and is available to anyone impacted by the Larimer County Floods of 2013.
- Location: 815 14th Street SW Building D (for “Donations”), Loveland, CO 80537 (Old Agilent/HP Building) Enter off of Taft Avenue in Loveland. Follow signs to Building D.
- DONATION ITEMS NEEDED: non-perishable food, toiletries, gift cards, bottled water and sports drinks.
- Donations will be accepted at the center between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
House of Neighborly Service
- Located at 565 N. Cleveland Avenue, Loveland, Colorado 80537.
- Donations can be accepted daily Monday – Thursday from 9 am – 12 pm; 1 pm – 4 pm for ongoing support for those affected by the flood.
- DONATION ITEMS NEEDED: linens, pillows, toiletries items, blankets, warm clothing and shoes, non perishable food, homeless provisions- camping gear and outdoor clothing. Cash donations greatly appreciated to provide shelter and other emergency requests.
The arrival of unexpected volunteers and material donations will interfere with response efforts. Call 2-1-1 (or 970-407-7066 from a cell phone) or go to Help Colorado Now to register to help.
Shelter Volunteers Needed:
- As of Sunday, September 15th, Red Cross and Serve 6.8 need volunteers to staff their shelter at Timberline Church through Friday, September 20th.
- If you would like to help our neighbors who have been displaced by our recent flood event, click here to sign up for one or more shifts.
- If you sign up for a shift during the hours of 6am-6pm, please check in at Guest Services in the Timberline Church Mall. If you are volunteering during the 6pm-6am hours, please check in at the East Auditorium.