- About Us
- Get Involved
- For NonProfits
January 25, 2016
As a program of United Way of Larimer County, 2-1-1 is a vital tool in our goal of reducing poverty and increasing prosperity for all in Larimer County. Not only is 2-1-1 used by local individuals, it is also used by organizations and agencies to help direct their clients. By having one central location for information on where to go to give help or to get help, it saves valuable time and money in the effort to connect people with the resources they need.
In honor of 2-1-1 Day on February 11 (2/11), we considered coming up with 211 facts about 2-1-1, but thought better of it and narrowed the list down. So without further ado, below are 11 facts you might not know about 2-1-1:
1. 2-1-1 now available by chat.
2. 2-1-1 is your go to source for information about free tax preparation.
3. As well as other seasonal resources, like school supplies or holiday needs.
4. And non-emergency disaster-related needs, including closures, shelters, post-disaster assistance, and the Whole Community Emergency Network, which works to help people with special needs prepare for and respond to disasters.
5. Donations to 2-1-1 are eligible for the Enterprise Zone Tax Credit.
6. 2-1-1 provides regularly updated resource lists for various cities in Larimer County. These are great resources for people who have regular contact with people in need.
7. 2-1-1 is a statewide and a nationwide service, so you can share with and help non-local friends and family.
8. In 2015, 2-1-1 helped more than 30,000 people throughout northwestern Colorado get connected to resources via phone, chat, email and web searches, among other methods of contact.
9. You can get regular updates about new and timely resources by subscribing to the 2-1-1 Community Connection e-Newsletter.
10. 2-1-1 is available in any language.
11. It is you connection to ways to help our community, including things like where to donate items and where to volunteer.
Copyright 2015 United Way of Larimer County