United Way of Larimer County is partnering with UCHealth to host blood drives at the Community Impact Center.
Location: United Way of Larimer County Community Impact Center, 525 W Oak Street, Fort Collins
Time: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Donors will sign-up for an individual 30-minute session to maintain social distancing guidelines. Please wear a mask if you have one.
Monday, November 8th: Sign Up Here
Several things can be done before donating, and in between donating, to keep you feeling your best. Follow these simple suggestions, for big results:
- Rest. Be sure to get a good night’s sleep prior to donating, and try to schedule before or several hours after exercising.
- Stay hydrated. Start hydrating at least 24 hours prior to your donation appointment. Choose water, juice, or sports drinks to help make your veins easier to locate, and to replenish fluid volume lost during your donation. Avoid drinking alcohol or caffeine (coffee, soda, energy drinks) for 24 hours before your donation.
- Eat well. Eat a well-balanced meal within four hours leading up to your donation appointment. Avoid fatty foods as they may affect the blood you donate. Increase your diet in iron-rich foods between donations to maintain your proper iron levels.
Is it Safe to Give Blood Right Now?
It is perfectly safe to give blood at this time. To learn more about best practices and safety regarding donating blood during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit: http://www.aabb.org/advocacy/regulatorygovernment/Pages/Coronavirus-and-Blood-Donation-Talking-Points.aspx
Can’t make our Blood Drive?
If we are unable to accommodate your preferred time during our United Way blood drives, Garth Englund is accepting blood donations at both of their satellite centers:
- Loveland: https://www.uchealth.org/locations/uchealth-garth-englund-blood-donation-center-loveland/
- Fort Collins: https://www.uchealth.org/locations/garth-englund-blood-donation-center-fort-collins/
- To schedule a private appointment to continue practicing physical distance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-495-8965
Learn more about UC Health Garth Englund Blood Center:
UCHealth Garth Englund Blood Center is fortunate for the many people, businesses, and organizations in the northern Colorado community that commit to hosting blood drives on-site. Donations made during our blood drives stay within the UCHealth system. Over 80% of UCHealth blood products are the direct result of community-hosted blood drives. They support patient needs at Poudre Valley Hospital, Medical Center of the Rockies, Greeley Hospital, and Longs Peak Hospital.